Here are some of the topics students will learn by taking our class
- The equipment required for a tissue culture lab and how to properly use them.
- All proper protocols to follow when working in a tissue culture lab and when working with plant material.
- An understanding of what media is and how to make it.
- When, how, and why to add additives to media.
- How to screen plants for viruses, diseases, and poor performance.
- How to perform nodal & meristematic culture.
- How to perform leaf organogenesis.
- Embryo rescue, to save aged seeds.
- How to store genetics for long & short term storage.
- An understanding of optimal environmental conditions for cultured plants.
- How to troubleshoot issues that arise in culture.
And much more!